15th August 2020

CISSBURY RING:  2 Common Redstarts, 8 Willow Warblers, 1 Tree Pipit, 1 TURTLE DOVE, 2 Stonechats, 2 Whichats and 11 Corn Buntings. Richard Ives

FERRING RIFE: The beach at the end of Ferring Rife had a Dunlin, a Ringed Plover and 10 Turnstones first thing. Two Garden Warblers, a Lesser Whitethroat, five Willow Warblers, three Reed Warblers, five Whitethroats, a Reed Bunting, a Goldcrest, three Little Egrets, two Grey Herons and a Sparrowhawk were among the birds encountered on my way upstream.

GORING GAP: 25 Turnstones, 1 Common Gull, 4 Ringed Plovers and 1 Whinchat Richard Ives

KINGSTON GORSE:A Wheatear, a Willow Warbler, a Coal Tit and two Buzzards were logged, plus 16 Turnstones and 19 Ringed Plovers on the beach. David Campbell

SALVINGTON: 2 Common Sandpipers and a Ringed Plover sound recorded throughout the night. Nick Bond

WEST WORTHING: Quite unexpectedly, this afternoon was my best ringing session in the garden yet. I opened the net in the hope that the Whitethroat I'd just seen - a garden tick - would fly into it. It did not, but four Willow Warblers went in, not tape-lured I might add, along with two Starlings (though one got out), two Magpies (one of these scrambled out before I could help it, too!) and four House Sparrows. Interestingly, three of the Willows were 2cy+. I can't recall any adults so far during Cissbury sessions. David Campbell